FULL- OR PART-TIME
The Community at Sunset Wood is seeking out a hard-working, committed Maintenance Technician who is looking to make a difference to those who are aging in a gracious, family-like environment.
Job Description: Scheduled and On-call during designated hours for routine and emergency repairs as well as maintaining of building’s physical structure, equipment and grounds of the facility.
Accountability: Maintenance Technician reports to Maintenance Supervisor.
Equipment Used: Various carpentry, plumbing, electrical, and lawn tools and equipment. Must possess a valid New York State driver's license in accordance with the organization’s motor vehicle policy.
Environment: Works indoors and outdoors in a variety of temperatures and conditions.
Duties and Responsibilities: The employee must be able to perform the essential functions of the job by assisting the Maintenance Supervisor in maintaining our high community standards. The employee must be able to work as a team member and to work within a community that serves the elderly. English fluency and excellent communication skills are essential.
1. Accountable for facility grounds: the grounds must be maintained in an orderly fashion; free from hazards, debris, and clutter. Sidewalks and drives must be free from snow, ice, leaves, and in good repair.
2. Accountable for maintaining the building in good repair. This includes painting, replacing worn or stained flooring, structural repairs, locks, baseboards, trim, windows, etc.
3. Accountable for assuring the electrical system and all electrical appliances are in good working order: this includes call lights, emergency power, door signals, fire alarms and exit lights.
4. Accountable for assuring that all plumbing is in working order and in good repair.
5. Accountable for maintaining all facility equipment including, washers, dryers, PTAC units, and any other facility-owned equipment.
6. Accountable for all emergency calls by responding if necessary, filling out an incident report and contacting supervisor
7. Available for scheduled on-call times
8. Work with professional contractors to ensure contracted work and emergencies are properly taken care of.
9. Assures compliance with all State and Federal regulations including fire safety, and building, electrical, and plumbing codes.
10. Other duties as assigned.
Physical Activity Requirements: Candidates must be able to stand for long periods of time and to lift and carry up to a maximum of 50 pounds.
Other Training, Skills, and Experience Requirements: Demonstrated knowledge and experience in carpentry, plumbing, electricity, and mechanical tasks. Employee must demonstrate on an ongoing basis the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with clients, guests, co-workers and other departments.
Other Considerations and Requirements: Employee must be able to work without close supervision.
Hours of Work: A regular full-time work week consists of thirty-seven and one-half (37.5) hours. Some overtime required.
Compensation Package: $14.00-$16.00/hr depending on experience. After completing a 90-day probationary period as a full-time employee, person is eligible for two (2) Paid Personal Days, five (5) Paid Sick Days, Paid Vacation (amount negotiable in first year), two (2) Paid Bereavement Days, nine (9) Paid Holidays, a 403(b) Simple IRA Retirement Plan, $1,000 "In Lieu of Health Benefits" Waiver (would be pro-rated based on start-date), flex time, and opportunities for a merit bonus. Please note part-time employees would not be eligible for benefits.