Excellence In Senior Living...
Established in 1882, The Community at Sunset Wood, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, offers seniors 62+ an environment that includes gracious living with options for aging in place. Our campus, located in the Village of New Hartford, is independently owned and has a board of managers that oversees long range goals and opportunities for programs that enhance a high quality of living within our community.
Indulge in the Life.
Most recently, we have invested nearly $1 million in upgrades into our community. They feature a fine-dining room, Pub with casual American fare, a sunroom with pool table, a community room with a baby grand piano, luxurious 20 ft granite-top wet bar, mini fridge and microwave for private catered parties and a roof-top patio for relaxing. Immerse yourself in a good book, an intense game of chess, or the company of family and friends. When it’s time for a family gathering or a simple, quiet dinner, private gourmet catering is available either in our fine dining restaurant, Pub or in the convenience of our own room.
A Special Events Coordinator provides programming for enhancing quality of life functions including religious services, games, live musical entertainment, and much more.
The Community at Sunset Wood offers a wide-variety of concierge services to help you live a carefree lifestyle:
- Weekly housekeeping
- 24-hour maintenance and security
- Spa options
- Launderette for suites or in-penthouse washer/dryer unit
- Walking distance to shopping, restaurants, doctors' offices, churches and more!
- Dairy delivery
- Lobby mail drop
- Community computer lab with copy machine and visual enhancement device
- Two libraries – one with rotating Mid-York library bestselling books
- 911-pull alarms
- Quality of life workshops and special events
- Membership into the Tenant’s Association
- Tenant-led bridge groups
- Conveniently placed bus stop for easy access to Utica, NY